So what about the square to the Moon's Nodes, then? How does that focus the energy of the day?
The Nodes of the Moon mark the points where the visual paths of the Sun and of the Moon intersect. The two points are always opposite each other, and so mark polarities of sign as well as House. Together, they are a path from past to future, from what we've already achieved to what we need to learn, from the comfortable to the challenging.
The South Node marks our point of entry, bringing into this life stuff of the past – attitudes, skills, habits, styles, feelings. The North Node marks where we're meant to go, the areas of life (by sign and House) that draw our attention and yet seem tantalizingly out of reach.
The Moon squares the Nodal axis today, challenging past and future with ... the present! The Moon is all about our connection to the past, our emotions, and our life as incarnated beings, so who better to ask vital questions of the Nodes?
How am I feeling today about my life? Please note, I don't mean, how am I evaluating my life, am I on track, meeting my goals, or any of those other worthy questions. I mean quite specifically, how does it feel to be me, in this life, today? The key to moving from the South Node to the North Node is to become more aware, more conscious. With the Moon, we become conscious through feeling.
The South Node offers us the same old-same old, emotional habits, routines of living. We've done this before, we know how, we're good at it. Our level of consciousness is not too likely to change this way. The North Node's challenges, coming to grips with skills and attitudes that are not comfortable and yet somehow draw us in, are where consciousness can grow.
Will I spend my energies repeating South Node themes and actions, or walking into the uncharted territory of the North Node? The choice is mine, every day. Some days I choose the familiar and the comfortable. It's time for a change, though. Time to focus on what challenges me.
Crossroads is a railway crossing photographed by Mitya Illyinov; the path is a photo of Offa's Dyke from the Geograph project collection, both available through WikiMedia Commons.


No comments:
Post a Comment