I'll offer some personal examples. My Moon at 0 Virgo should theoretically be happy when the transiting Moon enters the Earth signs, as these signs will either join (Virgo) or trine (Taurus and Capricorn) my own Moon, creating easy flows of familiar energy, accentuating my strengths. But do they?
As I've tracked my moods these last months, I'm finding I love the Moon in Taurus. Maybe it's my Libran Sun (both Libra and Taurus are ruled by Venus), but when the Moon enters Taurus, I take a deep breath, relax, and love my life. Virgo and Capricorn Moons don't bring the same ease; instead, they accentuate my perfectionism. When the Moon arrives Virgo or Capricorn, I get anxious about things I need to do, haven't done, should have realized I would need to do, ought have completed years ago, will wish later I would have done earlier ... you get the idea!
I've got a loaded Third House, including Mercury and Neptune in Libra. So you'd think I'd really resonate with Gemini Moons ... and I do, but the resulting vibration is intense enough to make focusing on anything a challenge. So Gemini Moons may generally be great times for writing and communicating, but not for me. There are way too many ideas bouncing around in my head on Gemini Moon days to be anything but scattered.
What am I doing about these awkward Moon transits? Right now, I'm paying attention month by month. If I want to change these patterns, the remedy is within the problem: Beginning a Virgo or Capricorn Moon transit by completing some less-than-fun but necessary tasks takes the pressure off by giving my inner critic less to complain about. Another option is just to go with the flow: Gemini Moons are great times for me to catch up on phone calls.
There's more for me to learn, about myself and about the Moon through the zodiac. In the meantime, when's that next Taurus Moon?
The closeup of the yellow rose was taken by Fir0002; the manuscript is a table on medical astrology from an Icelandic manuscript, JS 392 8vo, written between 1747 and 1752; both available through WikiMedia Commons.


No comments:
Post a Comment