Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waning Moon in Cancer

muffins!
The Moon continues in her home sign of Cancer today. After yesterday's challenging aspects, she's ready to pull on her most comfortable clothes and bake muffins this morning, enjoying the best of being at home.

Venus and Mars continue traveling together in balanced Libra, linking our values and our actions in harmony. With flowing trines from these personal planets to the ongoing Neptune-Chiron conjunction, intuitive guidance, healing, and creative inspiration flow easily as we relax into a secure and nurturing Moon-in-Cancer respite.

Connecting with this flow of creativity and intuition is good preparation for challenging squares the Moon forms with Mars (exact at 6:49pm EDT) and Venus (exact at 1:18am Sunday) later on. We again need to find that point of dynamic balance between heart (Cancer) and head (Libra), wanting to remain safe and secure within our refuge (Cancer) and reaching out to others (Libra).

Maslow's Hierarchy
The Moon's last aspect in Cancer is a flowing trine to revolutionary Uranus overnight (4:31am Sunday) that begins her time-between-times. If today, we feel deeply into our home place while accepting whatever creative and healing guidance comes our way, we may then be open to the outside-the-box messages from Uranus.

You might remember Maslow's Heirarchy, one of the underlying themes of developmental psychology: We need to have our most basic safety needs met before we can develop our psyches. Today we revel in the Cancer Moon's love of home, feeling gratitude for what we have and establishing that feeling of security, so that tonight when Uranus calls us to become who we truly are, we can listen and take the next step.

2 comments:

  1. Can't resist commenting ... I'm digging in at home for the second day of a burgeoning head cold. And loving being here! (The head cold? Not so much.)

    Curious: do you write a post a day? And find the wonderful graphics, too? What an undertaking, and I for one appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Roswila :) ... and lovely to see you here whenever you stop by, although I'm sorry for the head cold.

    Yes, most days I write the posts in the morning. Sometimes I write the night before, or even a few days before if I'm traveling, but usually morning. Finding the right images is a synchronicity all its own, and helps make sure I'm catching the mood of the day.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the posts!

    ReplyDelete