Thursday, March 21, 2013

Waxing Moon: Shift Happens!

Tiger wakes up!
Spring Equinox
March 20, 2013 7:02 am EDT
Gibbous Moon in Leo
March 23, 2013 1:56 pm EDT
Full Moon in Libra
March 27, 2013 5:27 am EDT

The Spring Equinox blew into town in a big way. I wish I could say it's brought warmth and sunshine, but we're still in winter here. So far, the changes have been internal––powerful on the inside.

Astrologically, the Equinox arrives when the Sun enters Aries, arriving at the Aries Point, zero Aries, beginner's mind, the Fool card in the Tarot. Where is your Aries Point? This is one of the things you want to know about your birth chart, for it's the place where new things enter your life.

My Aries Point is in my Eighth House of deeply transformative stuff. It's also exactly opposite my Second House Libra Sun. For me, it's like the Spring Equinox Aries Sun hits me right between the eyes. This happens every year, which, while I love Spring, might tell you why my favorite season is Autumn.

The convention phrase is "I feel like a new person!" What's more accurate for me this year––and with the intensely concentrated sky energies this might be true for you too––is "Wait! I just discovered I'm not who I thought I was!"

The transformation I'm experiencing involves peeling off lots of old layers that got added on in earlier searches for things like safety, privacy, acceptance and love. Those layers may have felt good and necessary at the time, but they're stiff and old now, holding me back from living my way into a more authentic life. Still, there's a lot of "ouch" in this process.

All the powers are online for this Spring cleaning: Mars and Uranus are conjunct in early Aries, ready to remove old layers with the sharpest tools they can find. The goddesses Eris and Pallas Athena hang out in late Aries, ready with blades of their own.

I've mentioned an ongoing yod, also called a Finger of Fate, in which Saturn and Pluto point at Jupiter––reminding us not to overextend, overinflate, or get too ahead of ourselves. Now we see a second yod overlapping this one: Jupiter and Mars–Uranus are pointing right back at Saturn, psuhing back against the forces of tradition, saying, yes, we're ready to lay solid foundations here but get on with it, already!

Meanwhile, Mars and Uranus are squaring Pluto while Chiron and Mercury sextile Pluto and semisextile Mars–Uranus. Oh yes, Chiron and Mercury are also trining Saturn. Venus enters Aries tonight (11:15 pm EDT), reaching her Aries Point moment. Whew!

These complex interwoven patterns are not deadlock; there's way too much energy flowing for that. These are healing patterns, blueprints for change.

We see powers for healing and compassion (Chiron and Mercury in Pisces), an awareness of the need for depth of understanding and strength (Saturn in Scorpio), an optimistic view of many opportunities (Jupiter in Gemini) and tremendous energy for growth and joy (everybody in Aries).

I want to highlight what an opportunity this is: Yes, we have a Spring Equinox every year, and Venus enters Aries every year, but Mars has a two-year cycle, and Uranus takes 80+ years to make it around the zodiac. Having this much focus in Aries, which this complexity of patterning, is special.

Maybe you're thinking you'd like a little less "special" in your life. I hear you, believe me, but we don't have that option. We live in interesting times. Our choices lie in our responses––are we riding the tiger or frozen in his glare?

At the Gibbous Moon on March 23, the Moon will be in fiesty Leo, squaring the Nodes of the Moon. Where, she asks, are we leaving passion and creativity behind? On the way to that moment, she will trine each of the Aries planets. These are wonderful days for healing art, creative expression, and passionate play.

Then, early on the morning of March 27, we reach the Libra Full Moon. The pattern is reminiscent of the last Full Moon: a singular Moon standing alone against a full court press of other planets. The energies, though, are very different. This time, we see one voice of balance and diplomacy speaking to a room full of supercharged adrenaline junkies.

This pattern reminds me of the Chariot card in the Tarot, which is all about learning to ride the tiger. I'll write more about this amazing Full Moon in a few days. What's important to see now is that it's coming, and bringing big energies with it.

This Full Moon will illuminate things like our authenticity, our passions, and whether we're speaking our truth––so taking a look now at our personal Aries Points and considering where change wants to flow in our lives are good things to be doing.

It's time to wake up. Toss the heavy blankets aside. Look around. Then, hit the ground running. It's a beautiful day!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment