Thursday, December 1, 2011

Moon into Pisces: Flowing into New Forms

Thursday morning through Saturday evening
Eastern Standard Time

Thursday, December 1
mermaid
Moon enters Pisces 9:46amMoon semisextile Uranus (Aries) 11:03am
Moon conjunct Chiron (Pisces) 11:25am
Moon sextile Jupiter (Taurus) 12:23pm
Moon sextile Pluto (Capricorn) 9:54pm
Moon sextile Venus (Capricorn) 11:19pm

Friday, December 2
Moon square the Sun (Sagittarius) 4:53am
Moon opposite Mars (Virgo) 5:02am
Sun (Sagittarius) square Mars (Virgo) 8:07am
Moon square Mercury retrograde (Sagittarius) 1:06pm
(begin void of course)
Moon square the North Node (Sagittarius) 2:01pm

Saturday, December 3
Moon inconjunct Saturn (Libra) 12:49am
Moon semisextile Neptune (Aquarius) 5:27am
Moon enters Aries 8:51pm
Moon conjunct Uranus (Aries) 10:11pm
Moon semisextile Chiron (Pisces) 10:42pm
Moon semisextile Jupiter (Taurus) 11:13pm

The Moon swims into empathic Pisces now, at the moment I write this. When you actually see this post, though, it will have already happened because I overslept this morning. So in addition to sharing what the Moon will be touching in her travels through Pisces over the next few days, this is also a story about the void of course Moon.

Today's aspects are calm and healing, supporting transformative change––wonderful energy for a workshop on Shadow, for example, which a friend is offering tonight here in Bloomington. A semisextile with Uranus the revolutionary, considered a minor angle in the Moon's swift path, offers a jolt of fiery energy to see and be a bit different, our unique selves. Then, the Moon joins Chiron the wounded healer for the strongest aspect of the day, opening the door to self reflection, compassion and healing.

The afternoon and evening bring a series of sextiles, bright, positive energy flowing between the Pisces Moon and Jupiter, Pluto and Venus. Notice how Pluto the alchemist is bracketed by the two "good luck" planets, Jupiter and Venus, touching our personal transformations with grace and beauty.

waterfall
...which makes today a good time to think about void of course Moons. I woke this morning while the Moon was still in energetic, focused Aquarius. I felt alert, ready to dive into the day, and was surprised to see it was only 5:00am.

No! I thought, if I get up now, I'll be too tired later. I rolled over and went back to sleep––for an hour or two, I thought, only to wake four hours later at 9:00, running behind before I pulled back the covers. Yep, the Moon was void of course.

I'm reading  Steven Forrest's book, The Book of the Moon, which is fascinating and already enriching my lunar understandings. His phrase for the void of course Moon is one I've heard before: Nothing will come of it ... yet his discussion points out that this is not always a bad thing. Sometimes we might prefer that nothing arises from a certain situation––a medical diagnosis, for example––and those things are perfect for a void Moon. At other times, of course, we have great hopes. Those are better begun when the Moon is connected to other planets who can help make things happen.

The Moon in Pisces is reflective and intuitive. Writing this morning, it now feels as though I woke at 5:00am so that I could get up and write my blog and perhaps do a bit of journaling, and I missed that window through not paying attention to the coming void time. Next time I wake up at an unexpected time for no apparent reason, I'll check the Moon before rolling over and heading back into sleep!

Tomorrow, the Moon opens the day with a square to the Sun. This is the waxing First Quarter Moon, when we experience a challenge to our emerging New Moon wishes. Are we really committed? Are we sure? Are we willing to work toward our goals? With this particular waxing square between a Sagittarian Sun and a Piscean Moon, the questions might be: Does this goal feel right? Is it in line with my values and beliefs? If there are adjustments to be made, now is the time.

The Moon's other strong aspect Friday is a square to Mercury retrograde, again challenging us to think things through before diving in. This is the Moon's last classical aspect in Pisces, opening a long void of course time that lasts until Saturday night––another reason for talking about the void Moon in today's post.

During the void time, the Moon will form aspects to the Nodes of the Moon, to Saturn and to Neptune, but none are considered strong enough to "make things happen." So while we might feel the energy, it might not manifest.

The Moon surges into Aries Saturday night, ready to light up the world after a day of quiet. The Aries Moon's first contact is a conjunction with Uranus, so expect the unexpected on Saturday night! For the next few days, we swim in the healing waters of Pisces.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment