Sunday, October 28, 2012

Full Moon in Taurus: Beautiful Mother

the feast of life
Full Moon in Taurus
October 29, 2012

Tomorrow brings the Full Moon in Taurus, our yearly northern hemisphere reminder, as nights grow long and winds sharp, that the Earth is a place of abundance.

It's time to prepare for the lean season, so the cosmos sends a message––our bodies need feeding, homes need heat, children need warm coats, people need safety in winter storms, and the Earth will provide with our help.

Taurus is the sign of patience, perseverance, and nurturing; the sign that loves the precious physicality of life. Taurus also understands how the world works––systems have cycles and some include loss, so each of us needs to step up for all of us to enjoy the good things of life.

The loaves and the fishes may have appeared miraculously, but they came in answer to a recognized need––someone who noticed, then said out loud, wow, there's a lot of people here who haven't eaten. And all that plenty didn't distribute itself––people came forward to carry, hand out, make sure everyone got some, and collect the leftovers. Pot luck supper where everybody helps, not the miracle drive-thru where someone hands you a bag and you're gone.

Taurus sticks around.

Across from the Taurus Moon, we find the Sun and Saturn in that other sign of great staying power, Scorpio. Here we experience the deeper reverberations of our physical life.

In one framework, we could see Scorpio (especially with Saturn right there), as the big stick behind the carrot, the hellfire consequence of failures of virtue. Scorpio as darkness with a capital "D," as the things we run from.

In another, Scorpio becomes the messenger of the unseen, the one who knows what is not obvious, the one who understands the deeper meanings of our simplest actions. At this Full Moon, the unseen but deeply felt is especially strong:

The Grand Trine in Water still flows, as the Sun and Saturn together trine Neptune and Chiron in Pisces, and Ceres in Cancer. This pattern connects strong energies of dreaming, manifesting, healing and abundance, bringing them all closer to our conscious awareness.

With the Moon opposite the Sun (as always at a Full Moon), this Taurus Moon becomes the apex of a wide kite, receiving sextiles from Neptune and Chiron, and from Ceres. Pluto the Alchemist trines the Full Moon, and sextile the Sun and Chiron.

Meanwhile, Venus has entered her home sign of Libra, and sextiles Mercury in generous, optimistic Sagittarius. Mars is also in open-handed Sagittarius, opposite Sag's ruler, Jupiter the Sage, still reflectively retrograde in Gemini. Uranus, too, is part of the picture, as he semisextiles the Moon and forms an inconjunct to the Sun, edgy as always.

Much can be illuminated at this Full Moon. Look at your birth chart to see where the Full Moon will fall, as issues related to this part of your chart will be in the spotlight. For all of us, the Full Moon in Taurus will ask:

• Where am I feeling well provided for in my life? Where am I feeling deprived or left out? What actions do I need to take, to feel and experience more abundance?

• What deeper motives support (or interfere with) my actions? Where do I need to look below the surface at what's really going on in my life?

• How am I connecting with intuition or guidance in its many forms? Am I listening to compassionate voices seeking my highest good? How can I deepen my most positive, life-enhancing connections?

• Am I a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty kind of person? What are the consequences of that? If I am less happy than I would like to be, where can I invite conscious, deliberate optimism into my life, and express that to others?

You'll notice that each of these areas end with "what can I do?" kinds of questions ... Saturn is strongly present in this Full Moon, and he doesn't like to see anyone sitting around, wasting time and resources. On the other hand, this is the Taurus Full Moon, and appreciating the wonderful things of life becomes a responsibility too, one we embrace now.

So, sitting around worrying about what's going wrong? Not so much. Resting in the abundance of our Earth Mother, savoring the good things of our lives and sharing them with others––that's a responsible, as well as responsive, way to live this Full Moon.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment