Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Bring-It-On Aries Full-to-Bursting Moon

I'm feeling this Moon as an invitation––a challenge, really––to step into our best, truest, juiciest, wildest selves.

This is a dance-like-nobody's-watching Moon, a what-will-I-do-with-this-one-precious-life Moon.

Uranus the revolutionary trickster is front and center, and the question is not, what have you got to lose, but what do we have to gain? If we step up, step out, deal ourselves into this game of life ... the jackpot is right here, and the prize is real.

I lost my Dad this month, a world-altering event even when it's something to be celebrated as much as mourned––he's now left behind the Alzheimer's and arthritis that held him back and is dancing among the stars, watching out for all of us in a new, more powerful way.

This Moon is about what we do when life throws challenges our way. The Aries Moon, arm and arm with Uranus, does not bow down, does not give in, stands tall, lives large, and laughs. This Moon is a fighter in the best sense. Big wave knocks you down? You spit out the sand and water and dive in for another go.

I love Simone Butler's blog post for this Full Moon, featuring Ruth Flowers, who at age 72 DJ's in clubs around the UK––a second career she dove into at 58, when she unexpectedly lost her husband of 40 years. Mummy Rock is rockin' this Aries Full Moon!

One of Joseph Campbell's stories was about an Irishman who walks into a bar, sees a fight in full swing, and instead of leaving, says, is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?

My Dad was an Aries and an Irishman who––in his own words––never changed his shirt to lose. Don't mistake me, this is not a fist fighter, but a man who stood up for what he believed in and fought for his values and his family.

This Full Moon is conjunct my Dad's Aries Sun, so today I'll raise the parting glass and toast a great man. You rock, Dad.
    

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your Dad and his strength, Mary Pat. Blessings be with you and your family as you move forward with this Aries full moon. Gneiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gniess, for your kind thoughts ... we'll have to wee what shows up in the wake of this Full Moon, should be something!

      Delete
  2. I love this...and you. I also LOVE your artwork; I noticed it was created by you. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan ... love you too :) This is a new style of drawing I'm experimenting with--glad you like it!

      Delete