Saturday, July 14, 2012

Balsamic Moon: Release on the Exhale

Somali woman
Balsamic Moon in Gemini: July 15, 2012

The Balsamic Moon arrives in about twelve hours, just after midnight EDT. This Gemini Moon, nestled among the big Gemini group, has much to tell us about letting go.

This won't be easy, but it's time. Inhale, bringing to mind every idea, concept, thought, meme, phrase, stereotype, and image that no longer serves you. On the exhale, let them go. Repeat as needed.

The Balsamic Moon, at 8 Gemini, it conjunct Ceres, Jupiter, Virgo, and the South Node. This party in mutable Air sparks with energy and connections focused on the feminine, women, girls, mothers, goddesses, nurturing, the Great Mother, the past, ancestors, traditions.

Where have we come from? What images and ideas of women, girls, mothers and mothering did we absorb in our earliest years?

In that heady, unconscious, powerful mix, what is highlighted for us now? What is worth keeping, and what needs to be reforged?
In my morning dream, a father and an autistic baby are in a house. I am with them, in some kind of care-taking role. I answer a loud knock on the door to see a very large, angry woman in a wheelchair with two weedy-looking men. They seem dangerous. I am alarmed.

Kali
She rises up out of the chair, which she no longer needs, and demands the baby, forcing her way in. The father is ineffectual and clueless. I run for help. The woman and henchmen chase me.
Terrified and determined, I run inside an open door to find myself in a building full of steep stairs painted dark red. I run to the basement, staying away from windows so they can't find me. I still need help for the baby. EOD
Yep, I've got my own thoughts and images of the feminine to sort out. It's an interesting process.

lineage
This Balsamic Moon is a half-square away from the Sun in Cancer, bringing light to the feminine. Squared by Neptune and Chiron, inconjunct Pluto, a square and a half from Saturn, the whole Gemini group is under a lot of pressure to change.

Sextile Uranus, sextile Mercury and trine Mars, in this moment, change can happen swiftly, unexpectedly and completely. Uranus and Mercury are both retrograde with this Moon (Merc turns tonight), and both in Fire.

With this Balsamic Moon, eureka moments can arrive with a suddenness and clarity that take our breath away. These are good days to expect the unexpected, and open to experiences of surprise, intuition, and new influence. Time for minds to open.
    

2 comments:

  1. Astrology is so amazing to me. I completely believe in the effects the positioning of the heavens has on each individual's life.

    Being an Aquarius, I know I have an inclination to follow my intuition. Lately it's been leading me toward a lot of the things you mentioned here... most importantly being letting go of memories, thoughts, words, attitudes, etc. that no longer serve me.

    I also saw the femininity/motherhood theme in my dream last night. My child's father (who I am not currently with) and I were in unity, both together because of the child. I felt that girlish crush that I had when I first met him. I was also submissive, treating him as the head of the family and me being his lady helper and caretaker of his children.

    There was also a threat to our family unit, and my motherly instincts kicked in to protect my child. An invader into our home was softened by my damsel in distress act and distracted while my child's father subdued him.

    Unlike reality, in this dream I was the ultimate feminine women.. unapologetically soft and nurturing.

    I feel the need to let go of a lot of defense mechanisms in order to be able to feel that way in my everyday life.

    Plus, since I've been thinking of how I can fix the broken relationship between my son's father (Taurus) and me (Aquarius), I feel this dream (or the Gemini Moon's influence) will help me to be more patient, sensual and attentive to him.... all characteristics of a good wife/mother.

    Keep your blog posts coming! I love the in depth analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful post. I'm so glad to hear you find my writing helpful!

    ReplyDelete