Eastern Standard Time
Sunday, January 22
Moon enters Aquarius 9:53pm
Monday, January 23
Moon sextile Uranus (Aries) 12:27am
Moon square Jupiter (Taurus) 12:56am
New Moon in Aquarius
![]() |
| twisting roads |
Moon semisextile Chiron (Pisces) 3:23am
Mercury (Capricorn) trine (Mars (Virgo) 6:15am
Moon semisextile Pluto (Capricorn) 12:19pm
Sun (Aquarius) semisextile Chiron (Pisces) 12:51pm
Moon sextile the North Node (Sagittarius) 6:50pm
Moon semisextile Venus (Pisces) 6:57pm
Mars turns retrograde in Virgo 7:53pm
Tuesday, January 24
Moon inconjunct Mars (Virgo) 3:26pm
Moon semisextile Mercury (Capricorn) 8:04pm
Wednesday, January 25
Moon trine Saturn (Libra) 2:59am
Moon conjunct Neptune (Aquarius) 3:33am
(begin void of course)
Moon enters Pisces 4:11am
Moon semisextile Uranus (Aries) 7:02am
Moon sextile Jupiter (Taurus) 7:48am
Moon conjunct Chiron (Pisces) 10:13am
Moon semisextile Sun (Aquarius) 1:54pm
Moon sextile Pluto (Capricorn) 7:31pm
The Moon will enter Aquarius in a few hours, Sunday evening in the Eastern time zone, which I am not actually in at this moment. The last two days brought me into a microcosm of the shift into the Dark Moon and thrust toward the New Moon we're in right now.
During the Dark Moon, we release, release, elease and I left Indianapolis early Saturday morning in ice. The shuttle driver and I slid into the airport, the plane boarded, was de-iced for 40 minutes, then took off for Atlanta where we spent an hour circling because a major thunderstorm was knocking out power to thousands of Georgians.
Yes, I missed my connecting flight. I spent a very Saturnian night (Moon in Capricorn) in an airport hotel introspecting and feeling depressed. I also released any fear of not reaching goals and/or looking foolish in the process, something I've always been loth to do.
Tonight, the night of the amazingly creative New Moon in Aquarius, I am in Costa Rica, where howler monkeys hang out in the canopy and the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean. Which is to say, things can change, and change dramatically. This is Aquarius we're talking about here.
![]() |
| curve and recurve |
Once the New Moon arrives, growth begins on a day full of aspects: The Moon touches Chiron, Pluto, the North Node and Venus, ready to heal, transform, get on track with this life's path, and do it all beautifully.
Meanwhile, the Sun also touches Chiron, Mercury and Mars flow energy to get work done, and then everything slows way down, as Mars turns retrograde in Virgo. This lasts until April.
Does Mars retrograde, especially in persnickety Virgo, throw up big roadblocks for the powerhouse New Moon? I don't think so. The New Moon in Aquarius signals long-term change, deep transformation, with no going back. Mars retrograde asks us to look within and consider what that means for us. "Consider" is con + sidere ... with the stars.
Tuesday brings time for considering, as the edgy touches between the Moon, Mercury and Mars mean that actually getting things done will be difficult and quite possibly better left for another day.
Wednesday morning offers another nudge to take the long view. The Moon trines Saturn and joins Neptune, positive energy with the planets that, when they work together, help us manifest our visions. After less than an hour void of course, and while most of us are still asleep, the Moon slips into the cosmic ocean of Pisces.
With this Moon in Aquarius, focused on the New Moon, we planet marvelous, creative, innovative seeds that may take time to develop, and then step back a bit from direct action and see what unfolds.


No comments:
Post a Comment