![]() |
| bumblebees can't theoretically fly ... and do |
Then I heard a voice saying, "Mary, what are you DOing?" It was my father's voice––in my head, but quite clearly his, and if anyone who knew him reads this, I'm sure you're getting the intonation exactly right.
Because of course I'm not moving this bookcase in the way my very Saturnian Dad would have done it: Carefully clearing everything out of the way, taping, securing, protecting edges.
I'm just, you know, doing it. There are books in piles all over my apartment, and I had to walk the d*#n thing around dressers and tables I did not move first.
When I heard the voice, I thought, well, what am I doing? And what would the sky say about it?
Right now, the Sun and Neptune are conjunct––expressing creativity, deepening spirituality, and doing things in loopy ways.
Mars is just past a flowing trine with Saturn, both in Water––taking action to create structures to support Piscean and Scorpionic stuff.
Venus is conjunct my Descendent, trining my Mercury-Neptune conjunction, both in Air––wanting to support my creative thought and writing in ways that work for me, valuing my own unique process.
The Moon in Cancer is trining the Sun-Neptune conjunction––aligning home and emotions with creativity and spirituality.
I'm moving this bookcase because I decided a few days ago that I need a different space to write. I need a dedicated space that says "writing" to me. My main computer and desk have been in my bedroom, and while I sometime write in bed, it's not the most structured, professional way to do it.
![]() |
| I don't have quite this many books, really... |
As a side benefit, I will now see a bookshelf from my bed, one of those odd things I find comforting. (Venus in Aquarius conjunct the Descendent = quirky things about me.)
I'm also emerging from a period of being not in 100% health. Feeling my energy coming back, I felt a surge of agency––by gum, I says to myself, that bookcase ain't gonna move itself. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
For the record, in case my Dad's actually worried about this (or anyone else is), I moved the bookcase carefully. I didn't lift it, I walked it. I put an old towel under it to make it slide. And I've been working on this for hours, with rests in between.
And once it was in place (yes, books are still stacked all over, but hey, it's progress), I decided to look at the charts and write about it.
This is how Saturn retrograde in Scorpio might look, in the presence of a ton of planets in Pisces: Doing something tangible and specific to support other more nebulous and hopefully creative things happening. And, oh yes, Saturn is retrograding through my 3rd House of writing.
May something magically creative happen today for you!


And you did not even think of going to the store and getting the slidy things? No chance your dad had a lot of the same aspects I do?
ReplyDeleteYou know, I read this, and thought ... I think I have some slidy things down in the garage! (Neptune at work fogging things up.)
ReplyDeleteThen I couldn't resist checking, and yours and my Dad's Saturns are conjunct, and his North Node is conjunct your Moon-Mars ... Earth beings unite! (I love astrology)